What Are Port-Wine Stains?
Port-wine stains are caused by a vascular malformation, and are present at birth.
Dr. Friedman’s Treatment Approach to Port-Wine Stains
Dr. David Friedman, a U.S. and Israel Board Certified Dermatologist, treats port-wine stains with the most advanced laser – the Candela Prima Pulse-Dye Laser.
The Prima is the Gold Standard Pulse-Dye Laser, with the following advantages:
- Greater Results in Less Time – the Prima features a larger max treatment spot and greater max energy
- Precision Targeting – the Prima Handpiece allows for very precise laser targeting on the skin
- Dr. Friedman believes that early intervention is key to achieving the best results possible, which is based on research and decades of experience. Our Pediatric Port Wine Stain Program is for Babies from the Age of Birth until 1 year.
Our recommendations for laser port-wine stains treatments are:
- Early Intervention – from Birth
- Short Intervals between Treatments – every 2 weeks
Meuhedet refers eligible pediatric patients with port-wine stains to Dr. Friedman for laser treatments. For more information regarding Meuhedet, you can contact your local Meuhedet branch for further information.
Dr. Friedman also treats older patients with port-wine stains. Some patients will have moderate improvement while others will achieve near-perfect results.
Dr. Friedman’s port-wine stains treatments for older patients include:
- Candela Prima Pulse-Dye Laser (generally used)
- Alexandrite Laser
- YAG Laser
At your consultation, Dr. Friedman will first assess your port-wine stain and will then create a personalized treatment plan for you.